[asterisk-users] Address family not supported by protocol

Chris Gentle gentlec at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 07:10:35 CST 2010

After an upgrade to asterisk 1.6.2.1 I'm unable to make outgoing calls via
Vitelity.  I get lots of these on my asterisk console:

[Jan 27 08:58:41] WARNING[25653]: chan_sip.c:3581 __sip_xmit: sip_xmit of
  0x834ae08 (len 927) to 64.2.142.18:0 returned -1:
  Address family not supported by protocol

There's a bug report that seems to address this but it's categorized as
minor and hasn't been acted on.

https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=15827

The problem seems to be related to dnsmgr.  Calls go out when asterisk is
restarted but then begin to fail once dnsmgr has updated the outgoing
hosts's IP address.

Calls fail silently.  There is no indication to the caller that the call is
not going through.

Has anyone else seen this?

I'd like to help debug this if I can, although I'm not sure where to start.

--
Chris