[asterisk-users] Use of "603 Declined"

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Jan 29 04:59:17 CST 2010

29 jan 2010 kl. 10.25 skrev Alex Balashov:

> I don't know about 4xx, but 503 would be more benign for general/
> miscellaneous errors than 603.
503 indicates that there's a problem with the server, so that's not a good replacement.

We're sending this when there's a failed call, in most cases because of the outbound channel failure without a proper hangup cause being set in that channel driver (may very well be chan_sip :-))

No, we need something in the 4xx class. I haven't had time to go through and consider all the options in the massive set of RFCs we have to work with, but will try to do that tonight after a Friday night dinner - if no one on the list comes up with the solution before that.

Isn't that a hacker way of spending Friday night - enjoying the wonderful prose of RFC3261 and companions?

/O