[asterisk-users] Use of "603 Declined"

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 15:47:56 CST 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Alex Balashov
<abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:

> It's also problematic because a 3261-compliant SIP proxy or UAC is not
> going to attempt to reach the destination by alternate means (serial
> forking in the case of the proxy, or a new call leg in the case of the
> UA) because of this precise implication of 6xx-class final replies.
>
> -- Alex

  This is precisely why some proxies (including OpenSIPS & Kamailio)
have added the disable_6xx_block parameter to specifically "break"
this "3261-compliant" behavior.  Of course this being a global proxy
parameter prevents cases where you really do want a 603 to stop
forking.  I've read that OpenSIPS is going to make it possible to
activate this behavior via flags or some other means but in the
meantime I'd like to see Asterisk be a little more flexible and um,
friendly in this case.  Luckily Asterisk is open source and I can make
that change if I like but...

A quick poll:

Who thinks Asterisk should severely limit the cases it sends 6xx responses?

--
Kristian Kielhofner
http://www.astlinux.org