[asterisk-users] iax softphones - not reconnecting

Asterisk - thinking:systems asterisk at tsy.at
Thu Jan 28 11:24:49 CST 2010

hi!

sorry, I used ulaw and alaw for all my tests.
iaxcomm has perfect sound, but does not reconnect (the only problem with this tool)
ephone has also great voice quality
diax has bad quality with both of the codecs... (i do not understand why)
It sounds like trying to mute some noices but the dsp is turned off. And thhere are ugly ticking sounds in the back, when somebody is talking.

I do not want to blame any tool, only want to find one that is working great without problems in connecting, reconnecting or voice quality.

hope there is a solution...

cheers,
Martin