[asterisk-users] 911, location

mir shahnawaz shahnawazmir at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 11:09:51 CST 2010

Hi there,

I am running a PBX under asterisk 1.6. I have few FXO analogue lines
connecting to PSTN. These lines are in a hunt group. I trying to make
my extensions to dial 91, but this is a bit scary, I mean if somebody
make an emergency call after hours and without completing call is not
able to tell his/her location. How can I make 911 call center to know
the exact location of my extension. I think its possible by having
DID's but I am looking for other options too. I would appreciate your
valuable ideas and suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Shahnawaz