[asterisk-users] Inserting white noise / music / sound file into mixmonitor

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Thu Jan 28 05:23:14 CST 2010

A week or so ago, I explained that we need to "blank" our call
recording when some sensitive information like credit cards where
being discussed. With the lists help, I managed to find the pause/
unpause  monitor commands. That works great. However (there is always
a however), what that now means is that the length of the call does
not match the length of the call recording, so adding stuff like "this
happened at 11:04 into the call" now is out by the length of time of
the pause :(

I was wondering if it was possible to replace the voice on either leg
with a sound file or something, but only in mixmonitor, as we
obviously need to hear the person talking in order to take the
details.

Julian