[asterisk-users] yum install asterisk16 for Fedora Core 8

Bruce Nik brucevoip at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 19:23:42 CST 2010

Hi Guys,

I have tested and isntalled Asterisk 1.6.2 with FreePBX from Digium repos
based on this url:

http://www.asterisk.org/downloads/yum

BUT that doesn't seem to work with Fedora instance which I am running on
Amazon Ec2. Apparently Asterisk 1.4 is natively included in Fedora
repository but not Asterisk 1.6. And when I added the Digium repository, it
give me a 404 not found.

I check and there is an RHEL folder but is empty of any RPMs vs CENTOS
directory which has the rpms. Does this mean I have to install Asterisk from
source on Fedora (which is definitly a pain)?

Thanks