[asterisk-users] CDR problems with Queue

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Wed Jan 27 13:22:04 CST 2010

This stands to be corrected, but as I understand it, the queue command on
it’s own would not generate a second CDR any more than a transfer to an
extension.  The way I understand the queue/agent/call relationship is this:

1.	agent(s) login to queue – this may or may not create a CDR entry
2.	caller calls asterisk – this creates a CDR for that incoming call
3.	caller is sent to queue by context or dialplan – this creates a CDR
only if forkCDR is used since the queue command isn’t a “new call”

It seems to me that would be “desirable” for queue to act as a “second pbx”
where queue activity (login/logout/transfer etc) is logged in the CDR as new
calls,

Since my queue experience and $5 will get you a decent starbucks in some
places, take this with a grain of salt, please.

--

Danny Nicholas

--

  _____