[asterisk-users] MYSQL problem

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Jan 27 12:40:57 CST 2010

> 2010/1/27 Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com>:

>> So don't use ODBC, use Pro*C...

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010, Zhang Shukun wrote:

> you said" Personally, I'd vote for an AGI using whatever C API your DB
> provides" what do you think about phpagi and cagi, if i choose the agi
> method. while phpagi seems used more popular than cagi.

I write my AGIs in C because that's my sharpest tool and because I'm
"old-school" enough to care about shaving milliseconds. You can execute
xxx AGIs written in C in the time it will take to load the PHP interpreter
and parse your script. If you expect to process a lot of calls, all those
milliseconds add up -- at least in my mind.

I wrote my own AGI library because I started before cagi was available so
I have no experience with it.

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010, Zhang Shukun wrote:

> i cant quantify my requirement now. but the business has not be start.
> and the user will increase as time going.

If you don't know where you are going how will you know what road to take?

If you and your peers don't know how big your database will be or how many
queries per second how can you say MySQL is not up to the job?

--
Thanks in advance,