[asterisk-users] Mitel integration

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Wed Jan 27 09:48:04 CST 2010

Hi,

A potential client (hotel) has a Property Management System that talks the
"Mitel" protocol to their current Mitel PBX in order to receive CDRs
(which end up being rated by the PMS system and charged back to guests).

Does anyone know of any (free or otherwise) docs on this protocol, or
better still have experience interfacing asterisk in a hotel situation
like this?  The PMS developers claim that the Mitel spec is proprietary,
and that they cannot give it to me, and are basically unwilling to try and
develop a method with us to integrate directly.  Funny enough they also
claim that just about every traditional PBX emulates this protocol for
integration with PMS systems, so they say that if I can manage to do the
same I will instantly integrate with MANY PMS systems.

Sounds good to me, but without the spec I'm stuck in a catch 22!

Thanks,