[asterisk-users] MYSQL problem

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Jan 27 01:55:59 CST 2010

Un-mid-posting...

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010, Zhang Shukun wrote:

> Thanks, while i think because oracle has no offical ODBC for linux
> system. is that better use mysql than oracle. considering the
> perfoermace and speed. many people around think mysql is not a good
> option for database, they think mysql is only suit for small business.
> but i want to have a try. i need to convince them to use this.

So don't use ODBC, use Pro*C...

Back when Yahoo was relevant, they ran on MySQL.

Can you quantify your requirements (number of rows, queries per second,
simultaneous connections) and test it on hardware similar to your
production environment?

While I'm sure Yahoo spent a lot of time and money designing and tuning
their system, sometimes "explain plan" can point you to small changes that
yield significant results.

If your shop is committed to Oracle, can finance the licenses, and has the
in-house talent -- use it. Nobody ever lost their job by buying IBM...

--
Thanks in advance,