[asterisk-users] [inter-pbx commnication] trying to make PBX1 talk to PBX2

William Stillwell (Lists) william.stillwell-lists at ablebody.net
Tue Jan 26 09:36:09 CST 2010

This is how I did it..

I have to Servers, SRV1 and SRV2

In SRV1 iax.conf

[SRV1-SRV2]

type=peer

username=SRV1-SRV2

secret=Password1

host=<IP OF SRV2>

qualify=yes

[SRV2-SRV1]

type=user

username=SRV2-SRV1

secret=Password2

context=from-iax

host=<IP OF SRV2>

quailfy=yes

If I need to make calls on other box, I do Dial(IAX2/SRV1-SRV2/XXXXXX) where
XXXXX is in destination "from-iax" context

On SRV2 iax.conf

[SRV1-SRV2]

type=user

username= SRV1-SRV2

secret=Password1

host=<IP of SRV1>

context=from-iax

qualify=yes

[SRV2-SRV1]

type=peer

username= SRV2-SRV1

secret=Password2

host=<IP of SRV1>

qualify=yes

And calls from Here to There are Dial(IAX2/SRV2-SRV1/XXXXX) where XXXX is in
destination "from-iax" context