[asterisk-users] How to make SpeechBackground keep playingifutterance doesn't match our grammar

Quinn Weaver quinn at fairpath.com
Mon Jan 25 16:45:14 CST 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Danny Nicholas <danny at debsinc.com> wrote:
> What does your dialplan snippet to run this look like?

It's part of a Perl FastAGI, running on a separate box from Asterisk.
The Perl code is using Asterisk::AGI's exec() method to call
SpeechBackground:

my $sb_retval = $c->agi->exec('SpeechBackground', $path);

where $path specifies a .sln file on the remote (Asterisk) host.

Here's the dialplan snippet for invoking the FastAGI.  Some notes:

- 127.0.0.1:4575 is an ssh tunnel to my box, where I'm doing the
development.  I know this works; I hear sound, DTMF works, speech
recognition occurs, et cetera.

- While my dialplan does Answer() and Hangup(), my Perl program does
it as well.  Doesn't seem to cause a problem.

- The extension name, XXXXXXXXXX was my client's  actual phone number,
so I X'ed it out.

[inbound]
exten => XXXXXXXXXX,s,Answer()
exten => XXXXXXXXXX,1,Background(demo-congrats)
exten => XXXXXXXXXX,n,Hangup()
exten => 3,1,Goto(quinn-tunnel-test,1,1)
exten => 3,n,Hangup()

[quinn-tunnel-test]
exten => 1,1,Answer()
exten => 1,n,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4575/Entry/entry?)
exten => 1,n,Hangup()

--
Quinn Weaver Consulting, LLC
Full-stack web design and development