[asterisk-users] ASTSBINDIR not being picked up by safe_asterisk

Mark Hulber asterisk.admin at hulber.com
Mon Jan 25 08:52:45 CST 2010

Recently safe_asterisk is failing to pick up ASTSBINDIR.  I've never had
this problem before and even when I move to back versions I have the
issue.  I did upgrade safe_asterisk and the init.d scripts a version or
so ago but even when I try older ones I still have the problem. When I
hard code the location things seem to work.  The problem that occurs is:

cat: __ASTERISK_VARRUN_DIR__/asterisk.pid: No such file or directory
Automatically restarting Asterisk.

But I think this is just a side effect of not finding asterisk in the
/usr/sbin directory in the first place.

Anyone run across this or have an idea what might have happened?  I
don't know if it was a Redhat update issue or some change in my
configuration or what.

When I make the following change in safe_asterisk it works ok:

ASTSBINDIR=__ASTERISK_SBIN_DIR__
ASTSBINDIR=/usr/sbin

Here are my version levels:

Asterisk 1.6.2.1 built by root on a x86_64 running Linux on 2010-01-15
16:22:39 UTC
Linux 2.6.18-164.11.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Jan 6 13:26:04 EST 2010 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

MARK.