[asterisk-users] Snom vs Polycom

Loic Didelot ldidelot at mixvoip.com
Mon Jan 25 01:43:55 CST 2010

Hello,
I confirm that the DND button is indeed a problem on the Snom phones. It
is just below the "Transfer" button which is somehow the most used
function button. The problem 'I can place calls but no one can reach me'
is our number one support question. Advising the user to check the DND
status solves the problem. On the 8.0 series this is problem is solved
as the the DND function is really, really visible once it is activated.
I guess Snom could program a similar visibility for the 3 series.

I prefer Snom phones over Polycom phones because they offer a much
better feature set:
 - total control of the phone via http
 - phone can call action urls (http) on many different actions
 - transfer on hangup (blind and attended)
 - different options for mass deploying that do not require dhcp.

Best regards,
Loic Didelot.