[asterisk-users] Snom vs Polycom

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Fri Jan 22 09:18:51 CST 2010

Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:
> Anyone got any subjective (!) views on the merits of these two ranges
> , using asterisk 1.4 ?
>
> I need to supply approx 30 handsets to a new client, with the senior
> managers (6) having some slightly more "managerial" phones than the
> base phones which will be used for one line only.
>
> TIA
>
> Julian
Surely you mean objective rather than subjective?

I work for a hosted VoIP provider and we use and resell snom pretty
exclusively and I think they are a very good, feature rich and easy to
use handset. I've played with Polycoms a couple of times and thought
they looked a bit cheap (although costing much more!) and from an admin
point of view were not nearly as good as the snom. But that's just my
subjective opinion!

Ish
--
Ishfaq Malik