[asterisk-users] Virtual Asterisk Installation

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Wed Jan 20 20:48:47 CST 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Michiel van Baak <michiel at vanbaak.info>wrote:

> Virtualisation is nice for test-setups, but thats it. for any real job
> it's a major pain in the ass and makes stuff bork beyond imagination.

You're right, I doubt that whole Amazon cloud thing will ever catch on.....
;)

Virtualization has it's place in production systems.  There are even quite a
few people out there (and on this list) which are successfully running
asterisk in commercial, virtualized environments.  Sure, it takes a lot more
work to get working properly, but once it is working properly, you're set.
It's just not the easiest path to take, and not necessarily the path the OP
should go down unless he's looking for a challenge.

--
Thanks,
--Warren Selby