[asterisk-users] How to escape characters in Dialplan

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue Jan 19 11:15:14 CST 2010

This link might help
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+SendText

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Dominik
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 11:01 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] How to escape characters in Dialplan

Hello,
excuse my unknowing question, but how can I open the dialplan in hex-mode?
What file is it? Normaly, my dialplan ist read in textmode from
/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf. Sure, I can insert a new line with a
hex-editor
into the textfile, but then the line got wrapped:
WARNING[1450]: pbx_config.c:1519 pbx_load_config: No closing parenthesis
found? ' SendText('

Maybe, is there a way to put new line into a variable?

Set(VARIABLE='\n') also don't work. But maybe I can read a \n from a file
into
a variable (with an agi-script)?

Thanks,
Dominik