[asterisk-users] Faxing: Anyone have a compiled executable?

Doug Doug at NaTel.net
Sun Jan 17 23:36:49 CST 2010

At 09:12 1/17/2010, Steve Underwood wrote:
 >spandsp follows the normal default behaviour for application using the
 >autotools, but this behaviour can be a nuisance for some people. By
 >default it puts the library in /usr/local when you do a make install. On
 >many machines this directory exists, but is not in the runtime library
 >search path. It is, however, in the build search path, so programs build
 >OK, but do not run.
 >
 >Build spandsp with "./configure --prefix=/usr" or add /usr/local/lib to
 >your library search list.

OK, /etc/ld.so.conf now looks something like:

   include ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
   /usr/local/lib

Update:

   ldconfig -v

   /usr/local/lib:
         libspandsp.so.2 -> libspandsp.so.2.0.0
   /lib:
         libgcc_s.so.1 -> libgcc_s-4.1.2-20080825.so.1
         etc.................

Reboot.

Joy:

   *CLI> module show like fax
   Module                         Description
      Use Count
   app_fax.so                     FAX Application based on SpanDSP         0
   1 modules loaded

Thanks a bunch, guys!

Now let's see if I can actually receive a
fax...