[asterisk-users] Faxing: Anyone have a compiled executable?

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sun Jan 17 05:30:10 CST 2010

On 01/17/2010 06:10 PM, IT-Connect wrote:
> Hallo there!
> I had my own experience get RxFax/TxFax successful running with spandsp.
> I only got spandsp-0.0.4 running, because on newer package, there
> aren't created some needed libraries (don't remember the right one
> this moment)
Spandsp only creates one library, unless you build it with the test
suite enabled. With the test suite it will build spandsp-sim as well as
spandsp. I don't remember any version of spandsp that entirely failed to
build or install any important components.
> *find /usr -iname \*spandsp\** shows me following output:
> /usr/lib/libspandsp.so
> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/spandsp.pc
> /usr/lib/libspandsp.so.0.0.2
That one might be spandsp-0.0.4....
> /usr/lib/libspandsp.a
> /usr/lib/libspandsp.so.2
> /usr/lib/libspandsp.so.0
> /usr/lib/libspandsp.so.2.0.0
.... but that one is something newer.
> /usr/lib/libspandsp.la
You have at least two versions versions of spandsp on your system. Do
you have any more installed in directories like /usr/local/lib? Were
these installed from RPMs or DEBs, or were they built and installed by
you? If you built them the installed header files will come from the
last version you installed. If they came from RPMs or DEBs, you should
be able to find which set of headers is installed by checking which
development package is installed.

Regards,
Steve