[asterisk-users] Fax Detection on SIP

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Sat Jan 16 00:20:07 CST 2010

2010/1/15 --[ UxBoD ]-- <uxbod at splatnix.net>

> ----- "--[ UxBoD ]--" <uxbod at splatnix.net> wrote:
>
> > ----- "Paul Scott" <paul at cpanel.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Yeah sounds like you wanna use NVFaxDetect
> > >
> > > it would allow you to add something like exten =>
> > fax,1,Swift("number
> > >
> > > has changed"); to your inbound call part of your dialplan

> > volume

> > route

> > The problem is that NVFaxDetect does not appear to work with Asterisk
> > 1.6.X :( Looking for something that is actively supported.
> >
> Well perhaps I should have read the sip.conf ;) Okay so I am able to set
> faxdetect=yes and then I presume just create a extension in the target
> context:
>
> exten => fax,1,Play(sorry-wrong-fax-number)
> exten => fax,n,Hangup()

What about the answering phone (the one that received the call that was
later detected as a fax call) ?

To my knowledge, when asterisk is jumping into fax priority, the answering
phone would hear a busy tone.
Is there a way to let this phone hear a nice prompt saying "you're currently
receiving a fax") ?