[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4 or 1.6 automated install script for CentOS 5.3 or 5.4

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 12:34:49 CST 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Bruce Nik <brucevoip at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> Other than than yum repository (which fails when installing freepbx with it)
> are there any automated install scripts out there that would install
> Asterisk 1.6 or 1.4 onto a CentOS LAMP system?
> If the script install FreePBX that would be a BONUS.
> Thanks,
> Bruce

Do you like 'kitchen sink' installs?

I can't think of any way to decide on an asterisk configuration that
out-of-the-box would be right for everybody... as in,

fax support?
g729 licenses?
whether or not to build against DAHDI?

You get the idea. The only way I can think to do it would to be to
build in a lot of stuff that most people would never want in their
asterisk, which would then result in having to restart asterisk
because you need a software update to a package that is a dependency
for a part of asterisk you don't use anyway. Anybody who was using
asterisk in a serious production environment would probably prefer the
control of having most of what they don't want compiled out.