[asterisk-users] Digium Asterisk World at ITEXPO - Yahoo keynote update

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Fri Jan 15 11:17:14 CST 2010

I don't know how many of you are going to be at ITEXPO/Digium Asterisk
World in Miami next week - I hope to see as many of you as possible,
though.

There has been an interesting change in the line-up for the show, that
I think bears mentioning here since it possibly will help quite a few
of you in your discussions about getting Asterisk into your company.
We've had the good fortune to have a last-minute keynote addition at
the show, which is going to be Jeremy Wadhams from Yahoo.   He's going
to be talking about a Fortune 500 implementation of Asterisk across
their entire network, and why they made the decision to move to Open-
Source telephony for the core of their voice network.

Keynote: 3:30 - 4:00 PM on Wednesday  - Jeremy Wadhams, Yahoo

It's not yet on the ITEXPO site, since we only confirmed this
yesterday with Jeremy, who is really being a great sport for doing
this on short notice.

Having Yahoo giving a keynote on their multi-thousand seat
installation is great news for the Asterisk community in general, and
is great news specifically for other Enterprise managers who have been
looking for that all-important set of examples of public users of a
technology.  (Enterprise tends to move in herds.)  There are large
numbers of Enterprise users of Asterisk, but it's always great to get
a "name-brand" company who can be offered as a proponent of Asterisk.

Again, hope to see all of you there in Miami next week!

http://www.tmcnet.com/voip/conference/

JT

---
John Todd                       email:jtodd at digium.com
Digium, Inc. | Asterisk Open Source Community Director
445 Jan Davis Drive NW -  Huntsville AL 35806  -   USA
direct: +1-256-428-6083         http://www.digium.com/