[asterisk-users] Fax Detection on SIP

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Thu Jan 14 11:35:20 CST 2010

Hi,

We have a issue where one of our clients is receiving a high volume of calls from automated fax machines and passing through their context which means all phones get rung.

I am looking for a way to detect the fax tone, on answer, and route it to a extension/macro where a announcement would tell them the correct number to fax to.

The inbound calls are across SIP so am not able to use DADHI.  Would this scenario be perfect for "Fax for Asterisk" ?

All help greatfully appreciated.

--
Thanks, Phil