[asterisk-users] Dahdi and FreePBX

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Thu Jan 14 10:20:34 CST 2010

Perhaps this more belongs on the FreePBX list, but for the archives, this
is what I did to make it work:

chan_dahdi wants to read /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf

FreePBX, at least how I installed from source, seems to think I am still
running Zaptel.  It created zapata_additional.conf when I added two ZAP
channels.  For some unknown reason it did NOT create zapata.conf, although
the sample was still in /etc/asterisk.

I blindly linked chan_dahdi.conf to zapata_additional.conf, but that
failed (and had I looked in /var/log/asterisk/full before posting earlier
I would have seen why), because zapata_additional.conf has no '[channels]'
context identifier, as it is really just meant to be included by
zapata.conf.

So the solution, barring trying to figure out why FreePBX is still using
Zaptel filenames, is to create a chan_dahdi.conf that looks like this:

[channels]
language=en
#include zapata_additional.conf

Or a simple soft link to zapata.conf, containing the above, would also
have worked.

Then a quick restart of asterisk and all was well.  No need for a
users.conf.

Cheers,