[asterisk-users] Can not play WAV-files attached to mail from my own Asterisk

jonas kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Thu Jan 14 10:03:36 CST 2010

Hello list,

I have the following in my voicemail.conf :

[general]
format=wav|wav49

When I receive a WAV-file from my Asterisk-server, I am unable to play
the file... There is no player on my Fedora that wants to play the file.

When I make my Asterisk-server unreachable, the incoming call goes to
the voicemail of my ITSP. Don't know what system they use there but the
mailing I get with the voicemail-message attached in WAV-format I can
play without problems.

The codec I use between my ITSP and the Asterisk-server is Alaw. Can it
be that Asterisk transforms badly from Alaw to WAV ?

Jonas.