[asterisk-users] ISDN Cause codes for unanswered calls

Steve Moran sam at matara.net
Wed Jan 13 22:45:16 CST 2010

I am wanting to use the ISDN cause code on an Asterisk 1.6 server to
determine the status of a call attempt, where the call might not actually
connect. Reason is I am checking for valid telephone numbers from a list of
numbers, and I would like to know if the call has answered and cleared which
I can by writing the hangupcause variable, but where I get an out of order
network message, or number doesn't exist, I want to capture these ISDN cause
codes where the call might not have connected and started the dialplan
extension.

Is there any way to capture cause codes from calls that didn't connect?

Thanks

Steve Moran
Sydney, Australia