[asterisk-users] is roundrobin and rrmemory the same meaning?

Zhang Shukun bitzsk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 21:22:45 CST 2010

Thanks for your reply.

I have read the Asterisk Realtime Architecture feature of Asterisk.

it says that we can save queue and queue_members in the database. and
queue_member don't need to login( because not support). and when
queue_member changed in database. don't need reload cant asterisk use
soon.

Has anyone deployed the ARA feature of Asterisk? and How do you think
about this feature?

2010/1/13 Robert Lister <robl at lentil.org>:
> On Wed, 2010-01-13 at 10:42 +0800, Zhang Shukun wrote:
>
>> is there some function used to login a agent automaticlly like
>>
>> agentlogin("agentname","agentpassword","phonenumber")?
>
> Depends what version you are running.
>
> AgentCallBackLogin() is deprecated and you should not use it.
> But the feature can be reproduced with dialplan logic.
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20cmd%
> 20AgentCallbackLogin
>
> This is a whole world of pain, as is using Agents in some situations.
> It is better to use SIP channels. (Agents do not seem to work nicely
> with a bunch of other features.) It is less flexible.
>
> It may be better for you to do this using AddQueueMember and
> RemoveQueueMember on SIP channels, and program a key (or keys) on the
> handset to add and remove the member from the queue dynamically instead
> of adding them as static members in queues.conf.
>

> Rob
>

> --

Best regards,
Sucan