[asterisk-users] Inserting a wait in a sip dial

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Jan 12 13:08:40 CST 2010

12 jan 2010 kl. 19.47 skrev Danny Nicholas:

> Looking out for shots back on this, but Dial(SIP/X,w1234) should produce a
> 1/2 second delay before dialing, ww1234 a 1 second delay, etc.
>
> Try it with 2 or 3 w's instead of 1...
I have no solution, but can only say this: a 'w' in a SIP dialstring doesn't produce any wait protocol-wise. SIP is all enbloc signalling. The gateway from SIP to PSTN might have an implementation of old hayes-like commands and support "w" for inserting wait periods, but you will have to check the documentation for that gateway.

/O