[asterisk-users] Inserting a wait in a sip dial

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Jan 12 13:29:48 CST 2010

David Gibbons wrote:
> <snip>
> This doesn't work?
> Dial(SIP/*31#ww061234123412)
> </snip>
>
> When I was browsing the sip debugs, it seemed that the 'w' was not being honored for one reason or another. My thought at the time was maybe it didn't work at all over SIP.
>
> Does the w *just* work with dahdi or does it work over sip as well (assuming the provider honors it)?

'w' is really only supported on channels where digit-by-digit dialing is
the  norm, which generally means analog trunks (or digital trunks using
CAS signaling).

In general, dial-string feature codes like this are not used on
'intelligent signaling' channels like SIP and ISDN; there are nearly
always other, proper, ways to get the desired effect.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com