[asterisk-users] is roundrobin and rrmemory the same meaning?

Robert Lister robl at lentil.org
Tue Jan 12 12:25:15 CST 2010

On Tue, 2010-01-12 at 11:26 +0800, Zhang Shukun wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I can't understand the diff between roundrobin and rrmemory strategy.
> Could you explain for me ?
>
> and is roundrobin means each available interface ring once or several
> times and ring another?

roundrobin is deprecated in 1.4 and you probably shouldn't use it, but
rrmemory is probably what you want, trying each extension in order,
but continuing the position in the queue where it left off for
subsequent calls.

roundrobin always starts at the top of the queue and works along

rrmemory remembers which queue member was tried last, and continues for
subsequent calls from where it left off, rather than starting again from
the top of the queue.

In 1.6, the old "roundrobin" behaviour (or equivalent) is renamed
"linear" and "rrmemory" is renamed "roundrobin"

If you want to add some dialplan actions for queue members, have a look
at PauseQueueMember and UnpauseQueueMember which allows for queue
members to be 'in' and 'out' of the group (although if using Agents then
you will probably want to implement agents logging in and out), but you
could replace agents with dynamic queues and program buttons on the
phones which dial codes to pause and unpause the queue member.

Rob