[asterisk-users] Minimal Asterisk Web Interface?

Michael Iedema michael at askozia.com
Tue Jan 12 12:06:53 CST 2010

Hi Tim,

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Tim Nelson <tnelson at fudnet.net> wrote:
> I'm looking for a web GUI to Asterisk that I can run on some small embedded hardware. I've
> used FreePBX in the past but the overhead is not to my liking and it is entirely too complicated. I
> do not wish to change my entire OS just for the GUI either (aka AstLinux). Is there anything out
> there? I'd like to have only a small set of features, primarily the configuration of extensions,
> routing(in/out), "trunks", and ring groups. I welcome your suggestions. :-)

I work on a project called "AskoziaPBX" which may be what you're
looking for. It's for embedded devices (min. 64MB RAM, 200MHz) and
aimed at beginners so the GUI is quite simple. We also use different
terminology (trunks are 'providers' and extensions are 'phones').

We're not yet into named releases but are nearing release candidates
for 2.0 (1.0 was based on FreeBSD and Asterisk 1.4, we've now moved to
Linux and Asterisk 1.6.1). There's a Live CD you can try on generic
x86 hardware, and firmware distributions for products we've
specifically tested. Complete firmwares images are less than 15MB.

More info here (incomplete site for 2.0):
http://2.askozia.com/

Old 1.0 site:
http://www.askozia.com/pbx

Regards,