[asterisk-users] Question about SIP registration

Robert Lister robl at lentil.org
Tue Jan 12 11:51:07 CST 2010

On Tue, 2010-01-12 at 18:16 +0100, Aggio Alberto wrote:

> Then I have configured an account as following:

> [999]
>
> type=friend
>
> username=999

You don't appear to have a secret= line in there with a password
option... or did you snip it?

> Can someone explain me this kind of behaviour? Is it normal? Can I
> restrict registration of 999 peer only to SIP UA from network 1.1.1.X?

There is an ACL option for the SIP peer which you can add,
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+sip
+permit-deny-mask

(although there were some issues with this in earlier versions of
asterisk.. it should work properly in recent versions.)

Rob