[asterisk-users] Beginners Guide to setting up a Call Centre

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Tue Jan 12 08:46:12 CST 2010

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010, Danny Nicholas wrote:

> Since you are small, trixbox would probably be the ideal flavor of Asterisk
> for you. It is a downloadable ISO that installs Scientific Linux and
> Asterisk and sets you up to manage everything with a GUI interface from a
> browser.  Once you outgrow that, you can either expand it, go for Commercial
> Asterisk or join the fun world of Open Source Asterisk where we work on
> releases and/or SVN branches.

I agree that "FreePBX" would be the ideal flavor for him, but I am a
recent convert to "Elastix".  Much tighter GUI, more included stuff (like
hylafax and iaxmodem), and just overall a better stab at the whole
integration.  After two horrid experiences with Trixbox Pro and my
impression of Elastix over Trixbox CE I will never install another
Fonality product.