[asterisk-users] is roundrobin and rrmemory the same meaning?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Jan 12 02:39:38 CST 2010

In article <a160a7d61001111926h6d2e6f88m64175b92cfcc2b3a at mail.gmail.com>,
Zhang Shukun <bitzsk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I can't understand the diff between roundrobin and rrmemory strategy.
> Could you explain for me ?
>
> and is roundrobin means each available interface ring once or several
> times and ring another?
>
> ; A strategy may be specified.  Valid strategies include:
> ;
> ; ringall - ring all available channels until one answers (default)
> ; roundrobin - take turns ringing each available interface
> ; leastrecent - ring interface which was least recently called by this queue
> ; fewestcalls - ring the one with fewest completed calls from this queue
> ; random - ring random interface
> ; rrmemory - round robin with memory, remember where we left off last ring pass
> ;
> ;strategy = ringall

Both roundrobin and rrmemory will ring phones one at a time, for the
length of time given in "timeout", and then if not answered will move
along to the next phone and ring it.

Let's say you have three of more phones in the queue. Phone 1 gets rung
but not answered, then Phone 2 gets rung and is answered. When another
call comes in, roundrobin would start again with Phone 1, but rrmemory
would start with Phone 3, as it was Phone 2 that picked up the last call.

Hope this helps,
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield