[asterisk-users] SIP over VPN -- no audio to other remote/VPNconnected phones

Cary Fitch caryf at usawide.net
Mon Jan 11 13:28:43 CST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Ryan McCormack
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 1:05 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-users] SIP over VPN -- no audio to other
remote/VPNconnected phones

Hello,

I am having a problem with my current SIP over VPN setup.

We have a server running asterisk at our office.  All the phones in the
office are on the same network / local to this server.  We also have two
employees with home offices using SIP phones over VPN to connect to the
asterisk server.  These phones have no problem with calls to the phones
in the office, however there is no audio when trying to place a call
from one remote phone to the other.

I'm assuming this is a routing issue, but I have no been able to come up
with a solution.

Thanks for any advice.

[Cary Fitch]

One thought: if you are using "reinvite" try turning that off. That will be
a clue.

It would seem that both phones are on the local net via VPN, and should be
able to talk to each other if they can talk to anyone in the office. (As you
know.) So look for clues as to real paths to each other.

Cary Fitch