[asterisk-users] Extension Status

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Jan 11 07:37:46 CST 2010

11 jan 2010 kl. 12.25 skrev ahmed magdy:

> Hello,
>
> I am new in Asterisk Community, i am working on Asterisk 1.6, i need to know how can i monitor the extension status?
> when i wrote sip show peers on asterisk
> Extension                 Domain                         port     Status
> 111/111                    (Unspecified)    D          0        Unmonitored
> 1300/1300                  192.168.50.111   D          5060     Unmonitored
> 222/222                    192.168.50.111   D          1758     Unmonitored
>
> the status is unmonitored , i am tried to change the status from Sjphone or Xlite or Express talk but it doesn't effect .
> could you help me please?

Asterisk doesn't have support for presence, so if you change the presence status in a SIP softphone from "available" to "busy", that will not affect Asterisk at all.

There are several quides on the net on how you enable the extension state notification system in Asterisk, as well as documentation in the doc/ directory of Asterisk. Search for "hint" and "qualify" as keywords.

Regards,
/Olle