[asterisk-users] Grandstream GXW-4024

Jonathan Thurman jthurman42 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 16:37:17 CST 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 1:17 PM, C F <shmaltz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone using the above mentioned SIP Gateway made by grandstream?
> I would like to hear some feedback on real life experience using this gateway.

I have a few that I used for about 2 days before I replaced them with
AudioCodes MP-124s.  They worked fine in the lab, but could not hold
up to production use for faxing.  When using them for a fax gateway, I
had about a 5-10% success rate with multiple page faxes going
through...  I also have tried using them for an IVR system, but have
been unhappy with the results.  Most of the issues have to do with
echo on the lines.  I would not recommend using them, but YMMV.  I do
know that they make good paperweights or dust collectors =)

-Jonathan