[asterisk-users] No dial-tone with X101P FXO card

Nitin Bahadur nitinb at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 01:33:06 CST 2010

Hi,

  I installed a 1-port FXO on my Ubuntu 8.4. I was earlier only hearing
a fast clicking sound and now I am not hearing any dial-tone. The FXO
card has 2 slots: [phone | line ]. I hve connected the wall-phone-input
to the "line" slot and "phone" to my home-phone. I do not hear any dial-tone
on my home-phone.

Asterisk seems to recognize my hardware....here are the relevant
logs/configs:

Any help would be highly appreciated.

jserver*CLI> core show channeltypes
Type        Description                              Devicestate
Indications  Transfer
----------  -----------                              -----------
-----------  --------
Phone       Standard Linux Telephony API Driver      no           yes
  no
Local       Local Proxy Channel Driver               yes          yes
  no
Agent       Call Agent Proxy Channel                 yes          yes
  no
Zap         DAHDI Telephony Driver w/PRI             no           yes
  no
MGCP        Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP)    yes          yes
  no
SIP         Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)        yes          yes
  yes
Skinny      Skinny Client Control Protocol (Skinny)  no           yes
  no

jserver*CLI> zap show channels
   Chan Extension  Context         Language   MOH Interpret
pseudo            default                    default
      1            internal        en         default

Zaptel Version: 1.4.12.1
Echo Canceller: MG2
Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)

1 channels to configure.

# dmesg | grep -i fxo
[   43.066706] wcfxo: DAA mode is 'FCC'
[   43.066719] Found a Wildcard FXO: Generic Clone

# cat zapata.conf

[channels]
language=en
relaxdtmf=yes