[asterisk-users] Choppy MOH

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Sat Jan 9 11:52:57 CST 2010

----- "Tilghman Lesher" <tlesher at digium.com> wrote:

| On Saturday 09 January 2010 08:05:21 Doug Lytle wrote:
| > Michelle Dupuis wrote:
| > > What do you mean internal timing?
| >
| > He probably means he didn't have a timing source setup, a.k.a
| ztdummy or
| > dahdi_dummy.
|
| In the case of 1.6.1 and forward, the timers are separate modules in
| Asterisk
| and no longer fully depend upon DAHDI being loaded (although if DAHDI
| is
| loaded, the appropriate module will use that as a timing source).
|
| --
| Tilghman Lesher
| Digium, Inc. | Senior Software Developer
| twitter: Corydon76 | IRC: Corydon76-dig (Freenode)
| Check us out at: www.digium.com & www.asterisk.org
|
| --
Really ? please enlighten ? I have a Digium Wildcard clone, though I guess that will not provide the timing source, but once I loaded dadhi_dummy and enabled internal_timing the issue was corrected:

# dahdi_scan
[1]
active=yes
alarms=OK
description=Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 5
name=WCTDM/4
manufacturer=Digium
devicetype=Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F
location=PCI Bus 02 Slot 02
basechan=1
totchans=4
irq=169
type=analog
port=1,FXO
port=2,none
port=3,none
port=4,none
[2]
active=yes
alarms=UNCONFIGURED
description=DAHDI_DUMMY/1 (source: Linux26) 1
name=DAHDI_DUMMY/1
manufacturer=
devicetype=DAHDI Dummy Timing
location=