[asterisk-users] voicemail /odbc problem

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Thu Jan 7 19:37:48 CST 2010

On Thursday 07 January 2010 16:20:38 Alex Sharaz wrote:
> I'm having a bit of a problem with storing voicemail messages in an
> odbc database. I  *think* I've got everything configured correctly but
> messages are stored on the asterisk server instread of in the database.
>
> System info
>
> 64 bit redhat RHEL 5.1
> Asterisk 1.4.26
>
> unixODBC installed
>
> used makemenuselect to instal res_odbc and cdr_odbc

Voicemail is kind of tricky.  While it does use realtime for the storage of
user mailbox settings, it does not use realtime for the storage of
messages themselves.  To do this, you'll need to run 'make menuselect'
in the build directory, then, in the Voicemail Options section, enable
ODBC_STORAGE, then recompile and reinstall (only the app_voicemail.so
and app_directory.so modules).  You'll also need to configure the odbc
storage mechanism in voicemail.conf, specifically odbcstorage and odbctable.

I agree that this is somewhat non-intuitive, so we may change this in the
future to make it configurable at runtime, rather than an option at buildtime.

--
Tilghman Lesher