[asterisk-users] question on makefile

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Jan 6 15:12:11 CST 2010

Jerry Geis wrote:

> is there no method by the configure command to --disable-FEATURE???

There is not. The Asterisk configure script is used for platform
specific settings, locating libraries and header files and the like. It
is not used (directly) for controlling which portions of Asterisk are
built or are not built.

> the help says its there but doesnt seem to do anything for me.
>
> example: ./configure --disable-codec_lpc10
>
> doesnt seem to do anything. I was trying to find a way without running
> "make  menuselect" to not compile in certain items.

What help says it is there? The help text that documents how
'--disable-FEATURE' works assumes there is a list of FEATUREs
somewhere... but Asterisk does not have such a list since we don't
control features from the configure script.

You will have to use menuselect to disable modules from being built,
although it can be automated so that you don't have to use the
interactive mode to do it. Many Linux distributions (and also
AsteriskNOW) do this already in their package building recipes, so you
might want to take a look at one of them to see how it is done.

In addition, if you are scripting this build, you could just as easily
'rm codecs/codec_lpc10.c' before running the 'make' and 'make install'
steps.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com