[asterisk-users] CallerID on Indian PSTN is not working.

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Jan 6 11:46:07 CST 2010

On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 08:30:48PM +0530, Arun Sasidhar wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    Its a free service here and My ordinary phone displaying the Caller ID
> without any problem.
> I have done some modifications in zapata.conf
> Now it looks like this
>
> *[channels]
> language=en
> hanguponpolarityswitch=yes
> answeronpolarityswitch=yes
> busydetect=yes
> busycount=6
> callprogress=yes

If hanguponpolarityswitch works for you, you don't need the hacks of
busydetect and callprogress .

> callerid=asreceived
> hidecallerid=no
> immediate=no
> cidsignalling=dtmf
> cidstart=polarity_IN

This is not supported in Asterisk 1.4 . Only as of 1.6.0, IIRC.

Generally the fixes from that bug report were not applied to Asterisk
1.4 .

> cid_rxgain=6
> useincomingcalleridonzaptransfer=yes

Renamed to "useincomingcalleridondahditransfer" (s/zap/dahdi/).

> rxgain=5.0
> txgain=2.0
> ;cidsignalling=bell
> ;cidsignalling=v23
> ;cidstart=polarity
> ;cidstart=ring
> ; include dahdi extensions defined in FreePBX
> #include chan_dahdi_additional.conf
>
> ; XTDM20B Port #1,2 plugged into PSTN
> ;AMPLABEL:Channel %c - Button %n
> context=from-pstn