[asterisk-users] Really Silly Question From Total Newbie

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Wed Jan 6 11:14:44 CST 2010

At 05:31 PM 1/5/2010, you wrote:
>Ah, good idea.  :-)   Are you saying that if I got a number that was
>in my parents area code then they could be making a "local" call to my
>Asterisk, which is physically a 1000+ miles from them?   Now that is
>cool.

Once you have Asterisk set up you can essentially get local numbers
anywhere, Some countries are harder than others but almost any area
code in the US for $1.50/month + 1.4 cents/minute or less is
possible.  The free one I pointed out will likely give you one in a
useless place to you, but it's free, number and minutes, perfect for
calling home from a cell.  Also, the cheapest ATT cell phone will let
you call each other unlimited for free.

Ira