[asterisk-users] CallerID on Indian PSTN is not working.

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Wed Jan 6 08:13:23 CST 2010

Are you even paying for the service?

Here in the US, on PSTN lines from the ILEC's, CallerID is a pay
service, with 2 tiers. Number only, and number with name.
Some CLEC's include this without extra charge, as do most/all VOIP
providers.

Do you have a box or phone, independent of the Asterisk box, that can
display CallerID? Make sure first it is being delivered to you. You
could also monitor the line on incoming calls and listen for the
information being sent.
You also need to determine what "standard"  or protocol is used to send
the information, as worldwide there are several.

John Novack

Arun Sasidhar wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I dont know the type of caller ID. What you mean by this?. I am
> from India. I don't know more about this.
> *
> Thanks,
> Arun S*
>
> On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Tzafrir Cohen
> <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com <mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 06:54:18PM +0530, Arun Sasidhar wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     >     I am using asterisknow 1.5.0 and Wildcard TDM410P card.
>     Everything is
>     > working fine except the caller ID of incoming call from PSTN
>     line. The phone
>     > display is showing "Unknown" when there is an incoming call. I
>     think the
>     > same problem listed here:
>      https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=6683
>     > There is one patch on this link but i don't know how to apply
>     patch on
>     > asterisknow. Is this patch will resolve my issue? Kindly help me
>     to fix this
>     > issue.
>
>     What type of caller ID is used in that line?
>
>     --
>                   Tzafrir Cohen
>     icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
>     <mailto:jabber%3Atzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>