[asterisk-users] SIP Listen Multiple Ports

Vikram Ragukumar vragukumar at signalogic.com
Tue Jan 5 14:44:38 CST 2010

Steve Edwards wrote:

>>> Yes, but the number of SIP control messages are usually insignificant
>>> compared to all the RTP packets.
>
> On Mon, 4 Jan 2010, Vikram Ragukumar wrote:
>
>> My customer is keen on using a hardware bridge to maximize throughput
>> and also allow multiple servers.  My boss is pressing me to maintain
>> Kamailio and rtpproxy compatibility, and understand the tradeoffs in
>> satisfying both.  The link below has a diagram showing the way I'm going
>> now:
>>
>> http://signalogic.com/images/openser_asterisk_sysconfig_dataflow.jpg
>>
>> Will the bridge preclude me from gracefully modifying my code to use
>> more Kamailio functionality, if needed?
>
> I won't claim to have any insight into your system, but...
>
> Your diagram shows all SIP messages (unencrypted and decrypted) flowing
> through Kamailio. My guess is that you would have access to all Kamailio
> features.

Steve,

Thank you for your prompt response.

If Kamailio is setup to listen on ports 5060 and 9090, port 9090 carries
unknown SIP signaling information. Is it possible for Kamailio to dump
these unrecognized signaling packets to a user space application which
would process and return packets to Kamailio ?

Would it be better to use libnetfilter_queue() to handle the
unrecognized signaling information prior to Kamailio ?

Thanks for all your help,
Regards,
Vikram.