[asterisk-users] ZapRAS priviledge error

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Jan 4 10:28:03 CST 2010

Will Payne wrote:

> I'm looking to periodically nudge Asterisk into making an ISDN
> connection, setting up PPP and then (possibly by then starting an AGI
> script) grabbing a file by FTP over the PPP link.
>
> If I'm overcomplicating it or going about it completely the wrong way, a
> point in the right direction would be nice :)

It is doubtful you'll be able to accomplish that, certainly not without
some seriously ugly hacking. First off, I don't think that PPPD will
even be invoked with the proper arguments for it to be the 'client' end
of the connection, but even if it is, the Asterisk dialplan will halt
execution until PPPD returns, so there's no way you are going to be able
to execute an AGI or System() or anything to take actions over the PPP link.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com