[asterisk-users] SIP Listen Multiple Ports

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sun Jan 3 10:47:47 CST 2010

On Sun, 3 Jan 2010, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> No, Asterisk only supports one port.

You can configure OpenSER/Kamailio/OpenSIPS to listen to multiple
addresses and ports and "forward" to Asterisk on the same or different
boxes.

I like to configure systems with OpenSER running on each box, forwarding
calls to Asterisk across the same set of boxes for redundancy, load
balancing, and maintenance (being able to take an instance of Asterisk or
an entire box out of production).

--
Thanks in advance,