[asterisk-users] Asterisk AUTHENTICATE Command

Matthew A Kolberg mkolberg at justask.net
Sat Feb 27 13:51:07 CST 2010

I was surprised to find that you can not override the default voice
prompts when using the Authenticate Command.  I have viewed the source and
the prompt file names are hard coded.  I am developing an application that
use the Authenticate command to use "one use" PINs located in the Asterisk
Database.  I had all of the recordings for the application recorded by a
professional voice talent.  It seems odd that I can not specify an option
when calling the Authenticate command to provide my own recordings.

The only 2 work arounds that I have come up with are - change the system
recordings (which will change them for any application that uses the same
recordings).  Or I could write my own application to authenticate the PINs
and not use the authenticate command.

Does anyone else think that this feature would be useful or am I looking
at this the wrong way?

Thanks.

Matthew A. Kolberg
www.justask.net
mkolberg at justask.net

Just ask for ASK
Taking the hassle out of technology so you can run your business.
1-877-ASK-4-ASK

Did you know you can chat online with us?
http://www.justask.net/support

Follow ASK on twitter at:  http://twitter.com/justasknet