[asterisk-users] DTMF timing - first # keypress not registering

John Regal jregal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 16:38:31 CST 2010

Hi Everyone,

 I set up my Asterisk 1.4.24 system and everything works well except when I
dial into another service (like conference calling with GoToMeeting) where I
must enter my pin followed by a pound sign. When I do this, it does not
register - BUT if I press the pound sign a second time (after waiting 1 sec
after the first time I pressed #) it seems to work.

I was able to resolve this on my Grandstream GPX2000 by changing the DTMF
Send method to "in audio" (the other two options: 1. via RTP(rfc2833) 2. via
SIP INFO did not work.)

My Aastra 9480i phones do not have this option. It has 1. RTP, 2. SIP INFO,
3. BOTH - which I tried all three to no avail. I am currently set at SIP
INFO.

My Xlite softphones are also not passing the first keypress of "#" - but if
I wait a second or two and press # again, it works.

Thank you very much for any pointers on resolving this.